What's Available at the Library
Topics on this Page: On Our Shelves
On Our Computers
On Our Shelves: Items Available at the Library
- Christian Fiction
- Non Fiction
- Best Sellers
- Large Print
- Young Adult
- Science Fiction
- Fantasy Fiction
- Graphic Novels
- Children's books
- Early Readers
- Board books
- Reference Materials
On Our Computers: Software
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Office
- Internet Explorer
- Adobe Reader
- Early Literacy Station Software interface by AWE: Educational software that spans seven curricular areas, targeted for toddlers through second grade. Little or no adult intervention is required.
*Wireless internet is available throughout the library.
Equipment available at the Library
- 8 public access PC's with USB ports, DVD drives,
and floppy disk drives, with Internet access.
- 1 public access card catalog PC
- Wireless network(public)
- Color printer
- Black and white printer
- Early Literacy Station child friendly PC
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine (black and white)
*Fees are charged for printing, photocopying and faxing.
Services we provide:
- Bernville Area Community Library provides reference assistance for research, homework or for people interested in locating materials for leisure activities and hobbies. We strive to meet the needs of all inquiries either through materials in our collection, online reference or by locating the requested item through other library branches in Berks County. If an item is not available in the county we can also request that it be located through inter-library loan from other libraries in Pennsylvania or the United States. There is no fee for this service.
- The library provides a comfortable reading environment for children and adults and tables for homework or other work.
- A variety of programs are offered for all ages. Children's programs include preschool story time, make and take events, and the summer reading program. Adult programs include computer classes and an adult summer reading program. Events are published in the Bernville Borough Newsletter and other local souces.
- People using our public computers are welcome to ask for assistance with basic computing and internet functions. Our staff is well trained and knowledgeable in using computers and in most cases can resolve or troubleshoot problems you may encounter working online.
- We offer fax service, both outgoing and incoming.
- The library stocks many brochures and pamphlets for community events, travel guides, public assistance. During tax season most federal, state and local tax forms are available.
- A meeting room is available to use for non-profit groups at no charge. A nominal fee is charged for all other organizations. Reservations are required.