Apply for a Passport
- It's convenient.
- It's the same price and speed as at the Post Office.
- Money comes back to our community libraries.
- Three nearby locations: Boyertown, Kutztown, Sinking Spring.
How to Apply for a Passport
- Call the library to make an appointment. (See list of participating libraries below.)
- Minors (under 16 years) must have both parents present or have a notarized letter from the absent parent.
- The items needed to apply for a passport are as follows:
- State-issued, certified birth certificate with a raised seal and with both parents names listed, or an expired passport.
- 1 passport photo with a white background.
- Check to the U.S Department of State (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment). There is an extra fee for expedited service.
- Check to the library (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment).
- Completed passport application, filled out in medium to heavy black ink, unsigned and no use of Wite-Out.
- Valid PA photo driver's license, or, if out-of-state license, a second ID is required.
Kutztown Community Library and Sinking Spring Public Library
do not take passport photographs. AAA, Sears, WalMart, and various drugstores offer passport
photo service, and other places may offer it as well.
Boyertown Community Library does take passport photos.
You can pick up an application at the library or download the application from www.travel.state.gov (do NOT print double-sided). Fill it out USING BLACK INK at home, except for the signature. You must sign the form in the presence of the library staff member for it to be valid.
www.travel.state.gov provides complete information about juvenile and adult passports, valid IDs, fees, passport renewal and more.
Turnaround Time: 4-6 weeks for standard processing, 2-3 weeks for expedited processing.
Application Acceptance Hours — By Appointment Only
Boyertown Community Library
29 E. Philadelphia Ave., Boyertown
Monday, Tuesday*, Wednesday 11 - 11:30am and 1 - 6:30pm
(*Tuesday 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm, from June 10 - Aug 15 only)
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 11 - 11:30am and 1 - 3:30 pm
Kutztown Community Library
70 Bieber Alley, Kutztown
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:30 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am - 5 pm
Saturday 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Sinking Spring Public Library
3940 Penn Ave., Sinking Spring
Passport Line: 610-670-4826
Library Line: 610-678-4311
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 11:45 am