- Helen Sheimo Flynn, MS-- Library Director
Ms. Flynn has an M.S. in Library Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She was library director of Saint Teresa High School in Decatur, IL, and a member of the Board of Directors for the Illinois Rolling Prairie Library System. She lives in Bern Township and enjoys gardening and reading mysteries as pastimes.
- Jillian Woodruff –Youth Services, Part-time Jillian is a Governor Mifflin grad with a B.A. in Communications/Journalism and an M.Ed in Counseling Psychology, both from Temple University. She worked as a guidance counselor at several schools before leaving to homeschool her two daughters. As a Library Assistant, she learned all aspects of library procedures and even filled in brilliantly for our previous Youth Services person during a long-term absence. We're delighted she decided to take the Youth Services job permanently.
- Elizabeth Shepley – Programs/PR Coordinator, Part-time
Elizabeth has an A.A. in Communications from RACC and a B.S. in General Studies with a concentration in Professional Writing from Kutztown University. A Cumru Township resident, she enjoys writing, creating, and volunteering.
- Amber Bernhard - Library Assistant, Part-time
Ambur graduated from Kutztown University with a major in electronic media/public relations, which serves her well in her job with BCTV. She was a favorite volunteer at MCL before becoming a staff member.
- Melissa Cronrath - Library Assistant, Part-time
Melissa is a graduate of Governor Mifflin High School and was formerly both a library volunteer and a Board Member. Melissa knows many of our patrons' favorite authors and is MCL's interlibrary loan processor. She's the mother of a GM graduate and enjoys reading the latest fiction bestsellers.
- Patti Hutchinson - Library Assistant, Part-time
Patti, a nurse with a master's degree in Community Health Nursing from American University, is a resident of Brecknock Township and was a library volunteer at MCL prior to being hired. Patti originated the Bedtime Storytime Program. She's the mother of two GM graduates and enjoys botany, yoga, hiking, and contra dancing.
- Melissa Inderbitzen - Library Assistant, Part-time
Melissa has an AA degree with a major in word processing from the Community College of Allegheny County. She lives in Shillington and also works as a lunch aide at Cumru Elementary School.
- Liz Latch – Library Assistant, Part-time
Liz graduated from Governor Mifflin and is the mother of three library-card-holding patrons of Mifflin Community Library. Liz loves watching classic movies and rereads Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House" books every year.
- Lisa Nuss - Library Assistant, Part-time
Lisa has worked as a children's librarian at both the Muhlenberg and Kutztown libraries and is now happy to be working at Mifflin. Although she is no longer working as a children's librarian, she still enjoys reading and recommending children's books.
- Lyubov Surita- Library Assistant, Part-time
Luba lives in Sinking Spring and is a Penn State grad with a B.S. in Communication Sciences and Disorders. She served as our principal substitute until a Library Assistant position opened up. We're glad she's now a permanent employee.
Board of Trustees
- President: Megan Huesgen, represents Cumru Township
- Vice President: Colleen Stamm, represents Kenhorst
- Secretary: Marilyn Eaken, represents Cumru Township
- Treasurer: Carey Babczak, represents Cumru Township
- Library Director: Helen Sheimo Flynn
- Board Member: Mary Buechley, represents Mohnton
- Board Member: Sheri Hoover, represents Cumru Township
- Board Member: Britta Hyneman, represents Shillington
- Board Member: Patricia Shermot, represents Shillington
- Board Member: Rebecca Worley, represents Cumru Township
- Ex-Officio Board Member: David Silcox
The Mifflin Community Library Board of Trustees meets in the library at 7 pm. on the 4th Wednesday of the month except for two months when there are no meetings and December, when the meeting is on the first Wednesday of the month. Meetings are open to the public and are listed on our Events Calendar.
Board Meeting Minutes - 2016:
- January 2016
- February 2016
- March 2016
- April 2016
- May 2016
- June 2016
- July--No meeting.
- August 2016
- September 2016
- October 2016--No meeting
- November--No meeting.
- December 2016
Board Meeting Minutes - 2015:
- January 2015
- February 2015
- March 2015
- April 2015
- May 2015
- June 2015
- July--No meeting.
- August 2015
- September 2015
- October 2015
- November--No meeting.
- December 2015