1. The author has expertise on the topic.
2. The source of the content is stated.
3. The content can be independently verified from other sources.
4. The information is current & the site maintained.
5. The site includes contact information.
Source:Cohen, Laura and Trudi Jacobson. 2008. Evaluating Web Content,
- Online Countywide Catalog
- Find books, music, movies, audio books and more in our countywide online catalog. From the catalog, you can place a hold on an item and have most items reserved for pickup at whichever member library you prefer.
- Pennsylvania Electronic Catalog
- Search across Pennsylvania libraries for books and other library materials.
- Databases - Power Library
- Find articles from magazines, newspapers, and encyclopedias. Plus AP Images photo archive, and Auto Repair Reference Center.
- eMagazines (from Zinio)
- Download digital magazines to your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows 8, Blackberry suite of tablets,
Kindle Fire/Kindle Fire HD. Read the magazines that matter and the stories that shape
Getting Started with Zinio
Go to Zinio
- eAudiobooks (from OneClickdigital)
- Check out and download e-audiobooks to any device. Over 200 e-audiobooks are available.
Getting Started with OneClickdigital
Go to OneClickdigital
- eBooks (from Overdrive)
- Download ebooks, audiobooks, and children's video to your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android or other portable device.
- A nationwide compendium of business and residential listings, with company profile information available on most business listings.
- ipl2 is a public service organization and a learning/teaching environment. To date, thousands of students and volunteer library and information science professionals have been involved in answering reference questions for our Ask an ipl2 Librarian service and in designing, building, creating and maintaining the ipl2's collections.
- Ask Here PA
- Ask Here PA is designed to provide fast answers to your questions (24 hours a day - 7 days a week), using information found on the Internet and in proprietary databases funded by libraries. In most cases, Ask Here PA Librarians will provide an answer online in 15 minutes or less! If your question involves lengthy research, we'll get you started and/or provide a referral for you or your question.
- Ancestry.com Library Edition
- Genealogy database offering hundreds of resources on researching one’s family history, including such items as federal census records, passenger ship manifests, and other documents. Access to this database is restricted to library use only (no remote access).
- Morningstar Investment Research Center is the ideal investing resource for collecting financial
information, getting reliable portfolio analysis, learning about investment options, and reading up
on the most up-to-date financial news commentary.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center
- The most controversial social topics of the day are covered with both pro and con arguments in this database.
- Testing & Education Reference Center
- Use this database to search thousands of college and graduate school entries. Identify scholarships
that meet financial needs. Take on-line practice tests and use test prep eBooks to obtain your education
- Value Line
- The uncontested authority in reliable, unbiased investment research and data. It offers financial measures for over 6,000 stocks,
18,000 mutual funds, 200,000 options, and other securities. Also included are expert analysis, insightful commentaries,
and a sophisticated performance ranks and ratings system.
Click here for home access.