1. The author has expertise on the topic.
2. The source of the content is stated.
3. The content can be independently verified from other sources.
4. The info is current & the site maintained.
5. The site includes contact information.
Source:Cohen, Laura and Trudi Jacobson. 2008. Evaluating Web Content, library.albany.edu/
Info: How Do I…
- View My Account Activity
- If you have a library card, you have an account. To see your checked-out materials; holds & requests; fines, blocks on lending, and account messages, click on VIEW MY ACCOUNT ACTIVITY in the How Do I… dropdown menu at the top of any page. You will need to enter your library card number, and your PIN, which is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- Get A Card
- How to get a library card that you can use at all the member Berks County Public Libraries.
Lost Card? Call your library to report it is missing, then visit to get a replacement. Remember to bring ID.
- Find Books, Movies, Music…
- A clear explanation of how to explore our online catalog.
- Request An Item
- How to request that an item in a Berks County Public Library be sent to your local library for you. And how to request an item that the Berks County Public Libraries do not own.
- Renew / Return An Item
- What items can be renewed; how to renew an item, and where to return it when it is due back.
- Learn About Activities in the Library
- The EVENTS link at the top of any page will take you to our countywide calendar that lists all upcoming events, programs, fundraisers, and used book sales. There you can refine your search by library and by age group.
- Apply for a Passport
- Three libraries in the county provide US Passport services: Kutztown's Louisa Gonser Community Library, Boyertown Community Library, and Sinking Spring Public Library. Look here for contact information, and to know what to bring to your appointment.
- Site Map